The youth initiative for Democracy Trust (YIDEZ) is a youth organization that was founded in 2006 and motivated by the idea that young people are the custodians of goood governance and democracy in any society and their full participation will transform their communities into peaceful and free ones.
The organization’s mission is to capacitate youths for their total empowerment so that they positively develop Zimbabwe into a democratic country where everyone participates in the political and economic development of the nation.
YIDEZ has centers in eight out of the ten provinces in Zimbabwe. Driven by the objective to build a strong activist youth base that is inclusive of both rural and urban components, the organization works with young people aged between 18 and 35 years.
To see a sustainable culture of democracy and good governance taking root in Zimbabwe in which divergent views and interests coexist in a manner that reinforces a common good where the youth participate in an environment of equality, freedom and peace.
To capacitate youths for their total empowerment so that they positively develop Zimbabwe into a democratic country where everyone participates in the political and economic development tof the nation.
Aims and Objectives
- To mobilize and enhance youth’s contributions to formal and informal socio-political participation processes – as citizens and as young people.
- Create unique and alternative processes that will nurture a society that upholds all fundamental s that define a true democracy through linkages between student movements and those out school and unemployed.
- Building up a strong activist youth base that is inclusive of both the rural and urban components.
- To raise awareness amongst the youths about the relationship between issues affecting them as sources of conflict and their critical role in transforming that crisis.
- To ensure all actions taken are non-violent, community based, youth driven and support the building of peace through a democratic environment.